27.1.14

Thoughts II

Film’s are an invaluable means for me to draw inspiration from, especially in a sartorial sense. They can leave a more lasting and stronger impression on my ideas of style. I’ve realized that this has been happening in my life for a very long time now. Perhaps in the most subtle of ways, I’ve picked up on cues and hints on colors and silhouettes that most appealed to me. I’ve always been a visual person, connecting and learning ideas through a more discernible manner and this has definitely impacted my personal sense of style. I love "Brideshead Revisited" for this reason; the story itself is wonderful and engrossing, but the 1980’s series and more recent 2008 film adaptation based on the novel by Evelyn Waugh offer a heavy dose of early 20th century fashion and more specifically, menswear. What attracted me most was it was not what automatically came to mind when I thought of 1920’s English menswear, or at least what my preconceived notions of it was. There’s nothing too stuffy aside from the occasional dinner suits, its all more relaxed and casual. A lot of tweeds, wools and neutrals that can easily be translated and incorporated into modern day outfits.

Michelle.
  
   

















Grey Cape -Thrifted

Watch - Casio

Houndstooth Capri Pant - American Apparel





Trench Cape - GAP                   

Leather Satchel - Etsy                

























Green Patent Leather Brouges - Asos
                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment